Seoul parking tips:
- Always fold in your side mirrors. Handy for not getting them torn off by the car parked 2 inches away.
- Put your phone number on the dashboard of your car. A necessity in parking lots where cars park 3 or 4 rows deep. Just call the cell phone of the car parked in front of you when you need to get out.
- Suck in your gut. See first bullet. It is often impossible to exit car without trying to make yourself skinnier to fit in tiny space between cars.
- Be flexible. Literally. Be prepared to crawl over seats or out rear of car to get out.
- Back into parking spots. Easier to get out and that’s what all the Koreans do- so you probably should too so as not to be the only car parked facing the other way.
Not necessary but always fun: Instead of writing your phone number on a piece of paper or buying a sticker with your phone number on it- have your phone number embroidered on an elephant pillow like this person. (Phone number changed to protect the innocent.)